Cowboy Mounted Shooting, under CMSA rules, has been approved as an AQHA event. This development will offer CMSA and AQHA members the opportunity to earn points for their performances aboard American Quarter Horses at select CMSA events, which include all CMSA Championship Series Events, Classic Events and a few other select Regional events. Approval for all AQHA/CMSA events will be handled by the CMSA office and will require that the event use the CMSA ASP. AQHA’s open and amateur eligibility rules will apply.
American Quarter Horse Association Cowboy Mounted Shooting Association Rules Clarifications.
The AQHA class at the Championship series events will be $150 entry fee per horse, and 70% payback. All packback stays in your division.
The following are the AQHA divisions that are offered:
- Open - Levels 5 and 6 and/or professionals earning remuneration for training, clinics, etc. regardless of CMSA classification.
- Amateur - Levels 1, 2, 3, and 4
- Select Amateur Limited- Levels 1, 2, and 3 (50+ age)
- Select Amateur - Levels 4, 5, and 6 (50+ age)
- Limited Youth - Levels 1, 2, and 3 (ages 12-18)
- Open Youth - Levels 4, 5, and 6 (ages 12-18)
Note: All Amateur divisions require an amateur membership